About the A-Bike Where to Buy Reviews Forum A-BIKE CENTRAL
Home Page
Gallery & Videos Sinclair Bikes History Other Folding Bikes A-Bike News (Blog)

The singular unique feature of the ABike?

Chat about your A-Bike, post details of your exploits, ask advice from other owners, etc.

Moderators: Binch Shin, newcross, Amuro Lee

The singular unique feature of the ABike?

Postby SteelIsReal on Sun May 18, 2008 11:47 pm

Looking over the design of the small wheeled folders like the CarryMe, Komo, HandyBike, ABike...it seems to me the feature that sets the ABike apart is the TELESCOPING frame.

All these bikes fold to a smaller package, but with the telescoping feature, the ABike to able to end up with a much smaller package. For instance, the ABike and the CarryMe look to be of similar dimensions when unfolded, but the ABike is an obviously smaller package when folded.

What's taking the ABike II so long? I want two of em.
SteelIsReal

Postby Weakling on Mon May 19, 2008 6:01 am

I guess it cost very much to develop such things?
Weakling

Postby newcross on Fri May 30, 2008 5:44 pm

I completely agree on the telescopic tube. More specificly, telescopic brake cables. I do know A-bike design team spend alot of time make the mechanism working properly. Although the cable connection still gets strunggled (maybe once a year?), I love the idea and respect the designers for their hard work. It's beautiful!! :D
newcross

Postby kenwshmt2 on Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:13 pm

completely agree on the telescopic tube. More specificly, telescopic brake cables.

I have a few misgivings about those working in unison... as the telescoping tube is slowly collapsing and the telescopic brake cables no longer work.:shock:

For me, its the sealed drive mechanism..
I've looked at many folding bikes, and they all have exposed chains and places to get greasy, or at least caught on things.

IF something comparable to the abike had a sealed chain case, I think I would get it.
kenwshmt2

Return to General Discussion