About the A-Bike Where to Buy Reviews Forum A-BIKE CENTRAL
Home Page
Gallery & Videos Sinclair Bikes History Other Folding Bikes A-Bike News (Blog)

Prevent Theft

Chat about your A-Bike, post details of your exploits, ask advice from other owners, etc.

Moderators: Binch Shin, newcross, Amuro Lee

Prevent Theft

Postby Cindy on Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:25 am

I'm going to college this fall and wanted to bring my A-bike, but since I'm dorming I'm not allowed to bring the bike in the dorms so I have to leave it outside. And I'm pretty skeptical about chaining it up to something, because since its a pretty unconventional bike there is no part of the bike I could chain up. Is there anything I can do?

I've also heard a lot of stories about bikes getting stolen and the A-bike is portable enough to get stolen easily :(
Cindy

Re: Prevent Theft

Postby Guest on Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:36 am

Cindy wrote:I'm not allowed to bring the bike in the dorms .... the A-bike is portable enough to get stolen easily :(
:idea: Are you allowed to bring a bag in the dorms?
1. fold the bike
2. put the bike in the bag
3. bring the bag in the dorms (without unpacking!)
Who is ever going to know the bag contains a bike 8) :wink:

Postby Sherlock Holmes on Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:45 am

I would think the same thing, when they make rules about "no bikes in the dorm" they do not have the A-bike in mind. The same thing happens to me with the commuter train I ride. The rules technically are "No bikes allowed on the train during the work week" but I bring on my A-bike and never have been talked to.

When people see the A-bike folded, they do not view it as a bike. That is the charm, and the whole idea behind the A-bike; have a bike that folds up into something small that is not a bike.

If they will not allow you to bring your A-bike in the dorm, they might as well not allow students to bring guitars, or golf clubs, or large suitcases.

I think that you should not worry about it, and just bring your A-bike. If for some reason they talk to you and tell you you can not have the A-bike in the dorm, then you can take it back home. I am pretty sure, though, that after anyone saw the A-bike folded that they would not care where you put it.
Sherlock Holmes

Return to General Discussion