About the A-Bike Where to Buy Reviews Forum A-BIKE CENTRAL
Home Page
Gallery & Videos Sinclair Bikes History Other Folding Bikes A-Bike News (Blog)

The A-Bike Plus is here

Chat about your A-Bike, post details of your exploits, ask advice from other owners, etc.

Moderators: Binch Shin, newcross, Amuro Lee

The A-Bike Plus is here

Postby Hans on Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:53 am

Today I finally got it! My first a-bike, and an A-Bike plus to be exact!

Delivered on my doorstep by http://www.a-bikeshop.nl. Delivery was delayed a couple of times, but they did an extra step for the very first people who purchased their A-Bike plus. They airshipped the first batch to the netherlands, and got those bikes to the customers doorsteps as fast as they could.

Today was the day :)

Pump was included. The bag also, but that will be shipped afterwards. The factory producing the bags was forced to make tents by the gouvernment after the earthquake.

plus :)

It's a puzzle at a first, but if you've done it once, it's easy.

It was still my first time :)

And now... Getting used to riding it... Oh well, can't win 'm all :)

As I've never seen an a-bike before in my life, I cannot comment on the differences. I do know the saddle sits surprisingly comfortable. If you have any specific questions on what to look at, or a photo of a detail you might want to see, let me know.

Thanks to http://www.a-bikeshop.nl for their service. Not only getting the bike here ASAP, but also on keeping the customer informed all these months on the current status. Also coughing up for all the extra postage (tent+bag in 2 shipmints, air shipment) make them my heroes :)
Hans

Re: The A-Bike Plus is here

Postby Pascal TOURNOIS on Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:34 pm

Congraturation! You success!*

Proficiat!

There are differences alright by the look of it. I don't know why, but it looks sturdier. More rigid, so to speak.

* (Ancient Sinclair private joke)
Pascal TOURNOIS

Postby Binch Shin on Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:09 pm

So cool !!
Thank you very much, Hans :-) I introduced you and your new pony on Korean user group(AbikeCafe). > http://cafe.naver.com/dakaabike/3483
I bought my original A-bike two years ago. Now my pony remain dead(rear tube crack) :(
When I saw your happy face, I became to desire A-bike cycling again :mrgreen:
Bicycles are Human Amplifiers - Mark Sanders -
Bintz's google profile(Buzz)
Binch Shin

Postby Nigel Kellett on Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:40 am

The A-bike Shop is back on line (all the old photographs, though), and the plus is available from 8th September, 3 weeks today!!! :D It must have been sometime yesterday; I'm sure that it wasn't there on Friday or, maybe, Saturday. I mentioned the photographs because it is difficult to see the difference, but visually there is the obvious "plus" on the upper steering joint and, it would appear, 2 red rings on the lower steering joint. Do the lower tubes look darker, or is it just the above photos?

Following on from the topic "Some news about A-bike mark II", a visit to Mayhem in early June, and an ensuing chat with David about the plus, it would appear that everything is essentially spot on. :) The bag, though, appears to be of the same design; I just hope that it stands the test of time far far better. :? I think that most people's started coming apart at the seams after only a few lugs over the shoulder. :cry: If it is really a "bag" now, and not just relegated to being a humble cover, that'd be great.

I wonder whether the weather will be better in September, then we'll be able to have that rather late picnic to celebrate. I would like to see the plus & compare its subtle changes, and then, perhaps almost definitely, even buy one to customize with all the parts that I bought last year (handlebar grips, bar ends, saddle, seat post & Coca-Cola can shim). 8) I didn't dare add any, apart from the Egg Beater pedals, as a crack started to appear in the rear lower tube, and then the layshaft packed up. :shock: The usual suspects.

The plus may be 50 quid more than when we last saw the original, but on the plus (no pun intended) side, the spare part prices have come crashing down. Particularly the most essential inner tubes & tyres; it's just a shame that 2 inner tubes in June cost £8.25 each, which are now just £10 for a pair! :roll:
Nigel Kellett

Postby Francesco on Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:38 am

Mayhem's main page is finally back up, directing to the Plus pages. They say there is limited availability for now.
Francesco
Francesco

Return to General Discussion