About the A-Bike Where to Buy Reviews Forum A-BIKE CENTRAL
Home Page
Gallery & Videos Sinclair Bikes History Other Folding Bikes A-Bike News (Blog)

another "hi! i'm new!" thread

Chat about your A-Bike, post details of your exploits, ask advice from other owners, etc.

Moderators: Binch Shin, newcross, Amuro Lee

another "hi! i'm new!" thread

Postby SquallLHeart on Tue May 19, 2009 6:14 pm

hi guys, the name's Trung and i'm from California, USA

well, somehow out of a little impulse into wanting a folding bike last night, i found myself frantically researching the internet on the different bikes offered on the market.

it finally got narrowed down to the strida or the a-bike... in terms of use, i am a college student that commutes via public transportation with a bit of walking to and from the bus stop and then around campus. i've been wanting a nice tiny portable bike for awhile now and up until last night, i didn't realize the a-bike existed.

there were lots of other bikes that i had looked at, but as great as the strida looked, it was a bit too expensive for a college student like myself.. so after much debate, i purchased the a-bike from mayhem along with a carry bag.

i'm currently anxiously waiting for it to arrive. i heard mayhem was awesome with shipping things extremely fast, so yeah... i'm really anxious.

i've looked around the forum a bit the other day here, and i love the resources you guys have. nice work.. looks like i'll be around a bit at least to research more things.
SquallLHeart

Re: another "hi! i'm new!" thread

Postby SquallLHeart on Fri May 29, 2009 7:34 am

hmm.. forum is kinda dead here isn't it.. :(

my bike is awaiting customs in new york.. bleh.. a few more days..
SquallLHeart

Postby Amuro Lee on Fri May 29, 2009 5:17 pm

Hi! Welcome here! :wink:

SquallLHeart wrote:hmm.. forum is kinda dead here isn't it.. :(
:oops: :cry:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amuro_Ray

Folding Forum - The Community Site for all Folding and Micro Bicycles
http://www.foldingforum.com/forum
Amuro Lee

Postby SquallLHeart on Sat May 30, 2009 7:53 am

yea.. perhaps the big hype of folding bikes sorta faded away.. i dunno.. i have no idea..

well, after browsing alot of the forums though.. glad to meet you amuro! at least you're still here.. somewhere.. sometimes.. lol

pretty much ended up being.. if you didn't post here anymore.. hell had froze over. :P

rawrgh.. i'm still anxious about getting it soon though. customs didn't do anything today, so it's still waiting.. blah. probably will come in within the week i hope.

still reading up on modding and whatnot.. i'm savvy with electronics, so thinking LEDs will be one of the first mods i'll do. 8)
SquallLHeart

Postby Amuro Lee on Sat May 30, 2009 6:40 pm

SquallLHeart wrote:i'm savvy with electronics, so thinking LEDs will be one of the first mods i'll do. 8)

Great! I'm looking forward to seeing the photos of your mods here. :wink:

Amuro Lee

Postby SquallLHeart on Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:29 am

just got it today! yesssssss! :D

hmm.. rode around for a little bit earlier to get a good feel of it.. pretty decent ride... now off to plan for mods! lol. :roll:
SquallLHeart

Postby Amuro Lee on Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:18 pm

SquallLHeart wrote:just got it today! yesssssss! :D

hmm.. rode around for a little bit earlier to get a good feel of it.. pretty decent ride... now off to plan for mods! lol. :roll:

Did you inflate the tyres up to 90psi before the ride?

Amuro Lee

Postby SquallLHeart on Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:34 am

yup yup! i totally read through the manual online while it was being shipped over. :D

hmm.. everything should be lubricated fine though from the factory, yea? probably worry about that little thing next week.
SquallLHeart

Postby Pascal TOURNOIS on Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:45 am

Enjoy the ride! Looks like the A-bike will be perfect for your needs!
Pascal TOURNOIS

Postby rongood on Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:47 am

Welcome, and it is great you are in California. I'm in Berkeley and have had A-bikes for over 2 years. You can check my posts on this site. And i sent you a private message with my email if you want to communicate with someone local about A-bike issues.
rongood

Postby SquallLHeart on Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:35 am

heyy aha! another Californian A-Biker! that's awesome!

will definitely send you an email when i can.. by the way i'm down in san jose.. so it's a little bit of a distance.
hmm.. so far i haven't had much time to do much to it though.. bought some general regular bicycle lights for it just to have until i can design and make one that i want myself.

though i do get a few occasional cracking noises when i pedal though.. wonder if it's the chain getting caught up on the plastic like i read about.. not sure..

so far the reactions i've gotten from friends and random strangers have been pretty interesting... certainly an eye-catching sight since there aren't many A-Bikes in the states.
SquallLHeart

Return to General Discussion