About the A-Bike Where to Buy Reviews Forum A-BIKE CENTRAL
Home Page
Gallery & Videos Sinclair Bikes History Other Folding Bikes A-Bike News (Blog)

New A-Bike owner in Germany

Chat about your A-Bike, post details of your exploits, ask advice from other owners, etc.

Moderators: Binch Shin, newcross, Amuro Lee

New A-Bike owner in Germany

Postby JG123 on Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:01 pm

Hi, finally, I got it - a REAl A-Bike. This wasn't easy.

I found an interesting folding bike called "A-Bike" by a fluke, and read a little about this product by Sir Clive Sinclair (who made my first computer ...). So I bought one via eBay from an bike shop in Austria .. and shortly after pushing the "Buy now!" button I read somewhere about all the counterfeits which are in the market. But the pictures in the eBay auction showed a real A-Bike, so I wasn't very afraid. While waiting for my bike I found this forum, and after reading a lot I started to feel very uncomfortable, because I couldn't expect a real A-Bike any longer ... and so it was - a fake one. I unpacked it, made some pictures and sent it back the next day (without riding it a single meter ...). Luckily I got my money back ...!

I noticed several auctions on eBay, but most of them looked like fake bikes, although everybody uses the pictures from original bikes and/or youtube videos. So I became very suspicious ...

Now I wanted to buy a new one, but at the a-bike.co.uk site they do not ship to Germany, they told me to ask the German distributer. Unfortunately, the official distributers in Germany did not longer exist or were not able to deliver a bike ... I phoned one of them, he told me, that all A-Bikes were sent back for technical reasons, he doesn't know when to get new ones. Arrghhh ... I got the feeling that the A-Bike story has ended like the C5 and the Zike, and I am too late ...

But then I found this auction from UK, a guy selling a brand new, original A-Bike, and we exchanged several eMails concerning the originality and the shipping, and finally yesterday I got an new, original packed, unused A-Bike at 124 GBP to my door.

Phew! Now I'm part of the club ...

Concluding I have to add that the guys at Mayhem whom I contacted several times finally wrote me that I could buy an A-Bike plus there ... perhaps I will do so ...
JG123

Return to General Discussion