About the A-Bike Where to Buy Reviews Forum A-BIKE CENTRAL
Home Page
Gallery & Videos Sinclair Bikes History Other Folding Bikes A-Bike News (Blog)

A-bike Seat design

Chat about your A-Bike, post details of your exploits, ask advice from other owners, etc.

Moderators: Binch Shin, newcross, Amuro Lee

Re: A-bike Seat design

Postby rongood on Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:39 pm

Rob Friedman wrote:so how can I trim the diameter down a touch? just filing ala peeling a carrot?

The 25.4 mm post should fit. Don't file the diameter as this will weaken the post. You perhaps did not notice that the clamp that cinches tight on the post when in place has an adjusting screw. You can loosen that screw and slightly widen the opening where the post sips in. It probably only needs that slight opening up to allow the 25.4mm post to fit properly. I also have 25.4mm post and it was easy to fit after i loosened the clamp's screw.

As far as shortening the post if it is a little too long, a regular hacksaw will do it fast in only a few minutes of sawing.
rongood

Postby Rob Friedman on Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:00 pm

I've noticed that this 25.4 (I havent a micrometer) hs been VERY tight with other tubes.. and the seat post has a LOT of thickness. so a very minor way of getting it down.. (wish I had access to a lathe).....
Rob Friedman

Postby Amuro Lee on Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:06 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amuro_Ray

Folding Forum - The Community Site for all Folding and Micro Bicycles
http://www.foldingforum.com/forum
Amuro Lee

Postby Rob Friedman on Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:04 pm

NOW they come out with it!!!!

oh well.. borrowed a grinder and cut the tube a bit more. now it's fine!!! just want to drill a hole thru the top and thru the thick loop on the seat to bolt it in place! (when i release to tilt it.. it can come off)

now for another odd idea.. anyway to put mountain tires on this to get better traction on gravel???

oh my wife (who is way under the 180lb limit) broke the folding pedals.. found replacement (resin) here on LI but with bolts not rivets. so far my wife is ok with the original seats with a gel cover
Rob Friedman

Postby Stevbike on Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:25 pm

I am glad that you fixed the seat problem. As to the tires, I think they do not make mountain bike types tires for the bike. As for the pedals, I was wearing mine in about 3 hours of riding so I replaced them with a set of non-folding type that work out for me far better!

stevbike
Stevbike

Previous

Return to General Discussion