About the A-Bike Where to Buy Reviews Forum A-BIKE CENTRAL
Home Page
Gallery & Videos Sinclair Bikes History Other Folding Bikes A-Bike News (Blog)

Bike reaching 200 km mark

Chat about your A-Bike, post details of your exploits, ask advice from other owners, etc.

Moderators: Binch Shin, newcross, Amuro Lee

Bike reaching 200 km mark

Postby Stevbike on Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:17 am

Hello all

The A-bike copy I own is reaching the 200 km and holding up well. I re-adjusted chain tension to stop the chain from slipping. It runs as well as it was when new. The solid tires are still rough riding but I have gotten used to this. They are wearing well. Just trying to see if people are still interested in this bike at all. I have started to treat this bike like my other full-sized bikes now. I just like to get out and use it with too much fuss.

It would be great to see this design seen in a more wide spread. Once you get over the different look of the machine, it is a nice communter machine. It would nice to see more users of this bike come back to this site again. All are welcome!

stevbike
Stevbike

Re: Bike reaching 200 km mark

Postby 190E.sg on Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:51 pm

Congratulation for hitting the 200km mark. My copy version is holding up well too. But I have not ridden it for a while due to rainy weather in the evenings and also busy with other projects.

cheers
190E.sg

Postby Stevbike on Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:58 pm

The bikes computer now reads 107 km on it. Last year the computer somehow got loose and the battery cover came off, the last reading was 98km before I had to reset the computer again to get up to this current reading.

I was wondering how the air filled tires where holding up as far as wear goes. Hopefully the weather is getting better so you get out and do some riding.

stevbike
Stevbike

Postby gganio on Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:22 pm

They hold up. My experience is that the rear tire would go at least 500km.
gganio

Postby Stevbike on Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:44 pm

I have to agree. The frame is holding up well. It feels the same as new. It still has the slight frame sway due to the nature of the folding frame. It is too bad that this design is not to well known. The local bike shop had a look at it found interesting. Another person selling battery powered scooters looked into importing the A-bike or a copy version of it but found the market limited here in Stratford, Ontario, Canada. That is too bad since the design is a nice one.

stevbike
Stevbike

Return to General Discussion