About the A-Bike Where to Buy Reviews Forum A-BIKE CENTRAL
Home Page
Gallery & Videos Sinclair Bikes History Other Folding Bikes A-Bike News (Blog)

Can NOT rotate the pedals backward

Chat about your A-Bike, post details of your exploits, ask advice from other owners, etc.

Moderators: Binch Shin, newcross, Amuro Lee

Can NOT rotate the pedals backward

Postby BOLHAABIKE on Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:54 am

Hye,

I just bought secondhand A-bike, but it seems sth is wrong with freewheel. I think this A-bike is not original but it looks like one.

When I push pedal backward also tire rotate backward !! Driving is almost imposible because I must pushing pedals all the time and just for slow driving.

I don't know how should freewheel work right? I take a foto of it.

Can somebody explane how it works. It is made of two cogwheels and bearing, don't know how to split this things apart. How can I repair freewheel...

Thanks for answers...
Attachments
2f.jpg
2f.jpg (33.19 KiB) Viewed 4323 times
1f.JPG
1f.JPG (49.17 KiB) Viewed 4313 times
BOLHAABIKE

Re: Can NOT rotate the pedals backward

Postby Stevbike on Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:21 am

The freewheel is the gear that the crankarms are attached to. From the looks of the pictures you have attached, it is a copy version of the A-bike, not an original. The gear that you have separated is mid drive gear. The bearing could be faulty in this assembly. Check out if the bearings spin freely or not. You do not need to take this assembly apart. This could cause the problem.

Also check out the movement of the crank gear set-up. This is the freewheel. See that it locks up and moves forward allowing the chain to move. It should rotate freely backwards without the gear moving. Either of these part is causing the pedals not to rotate freely backwards.

If your bike has a support hotline, check it out to see if there are any replacement parts for the bike. I know mine bike lacks any type of service like this. I own a copy version of the bike as well. That is why it is a good idea to buy the original model so that you have the warranty and spare parts to back up the bike in case of problems like this.

Maybe some of the original spare parts will fit your bike. The freewheel is a slighly different size for the copy version so this would be different and affect the gear ratio of the bike you have.

Hopefully, you can get your bike up and running properly soon!

stevbike
Stevbike

Return to General Discussion