About the A-Bike Where to Buy Reviews Forum A-BIKE CENTRAL
Home Page
Gallery & Videos Sinclair Bikes History Other Folding Bikes A-Bike News (Blog)

Bike Seat and Post upgrade

Chat about your A-Bike, post details of your exploits, ask advice from other owners, etc.

Moderators: Binch Shin, newcross, Amuro Lee

Postby newcross on Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:04 pm

Since this summer, I've been using TIOGA SPYDER SADDLE with my A-bike. Getting this unconventional saddle was a bit of a gamble, so I got good condition secondhand one from eBay for £40 instead of spending £59-£79 for brand new saddle at various online shops.

Despite it's rather bad reputation, I love the saddle so far. It doesn't hurt my bottom and it's lighter than most of saddles around! The weight 140g saves me good 180g to compare to Specialized Rival's 320g. Now I want to try this saddle without Thudbuster... but I don't own solid seatpost in right length.

This saddle bends alot as we sit on, so the setting angle needs to be a little stooping forward and seatpost needs to be higher up.

newcross

Postby supertorpe on Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:23 am

Finally, I bought a normal seatpost and a very comfortable saddle, both for 21 euros. This is a total new experience on my A-Bike. Would you like to see the images?
supertorpe

Postby Weakling on Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:13 pm

Garry, is this thread of such value that it should be made a sticky or a FAQ on how to modify A-bike?

Should there be a special department of the forum for such threads.
Repair and modification dep on how to make A-bike suite the rider?

Jon

Instead of starting anew with your question I post here first.

A friendly A-bike owner in Sweden sent me pictures of his modifikation of seat. He has the original A-bike too but got fed up with how the seat felt
so he bought this standard seat from Velo.

Cost some 16USD so rather cheap. and he bought a QuickRelease so he easily could make it lay flat to the other parts of the folded A-bike.

He also bought a standard seat tube of alu to be able to fix the standard saddle to the A-bike?

http://www.biltema.se/products/product.asp?iItemId=93700

An easy modification I guess for people who are used to mod their bikes?
didn't cost much either. And the result is very comfortable and doesn't take up much space.

More pictures of his combination of standard components to make the saddle foldable here:
http://www.viebke.nu/vikcyklar/a-bike/sadel/
Last edited by Weakling on Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Weakling

Postby Gyrobot on Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:12 pm

The comfort saddle is UK based and it is a noseless design. I have one (but not on my A-bike) it is superb for comfort. I reckon it should fit the A-bike well, but maybe too wide for some.

http://www.comfortsaddle.com

Steve.
Gyrobot

Previous

Return to General Discussion