About the A-Bike Where to Buy Reviews Forum A-BIKE CENTRAL
Home Page
Gallery & Videos Sinclair Bikes History Other Folding Bikes A-Bike News (Blog)

Any ideas on small bells for the extendor clamps?

Chat about your A-Bike, post details of your exploits, ask advice from other owners, etc.

Moderators: Binch Shin, newcross, Amuro Lee

Any ideas on small bells for the extendor clamps?

Postby kenwshmt2 on Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:57 pm

I am recovering from either a second or third degree sholder sprain. I am probly off the bike until December, at the earliest.

It seems to be a type 3 sprain , best I can tell.
No socialized medicine, so I hadnt been to a doctor here to see. but that pic pretty much describes how my sholder looks.

.. and all my research on recovery pretty much says take care of it and dont do anything stupid, not usually needing surgery.

I'm not the first to go over the front of the bike because of an extendor collapse, and I'm sure I wont be the last. Thankfully I didn't go christopher reeve with it, and land on my head.

Does anyone have any idea on how to attach a small bell to the clasp so it will jingle when its open but not when its closed?

Another idea is to reverse the functioning of the brakes, so that they are spring closed, and only open when the bike is fully extended. This would have saved me to, if the brakes locked when it started to collapse.
This, however, would prevent the bike from rolling at all when its collapsed.

I like the bike, but in the lawyer happy america, I fear some sue happy lawyer will go class action and try to have a 'dangerous' product controlled. Silly, of course, as I doubt you can protect anyone on a scate board or scooter, but you never know.
kenwshmt2

Return to General Discussion