About the A-Bike Where to Buy Reviews Forum A-BIKE CENTRAL
Home Page
Gallery & Videos Sinclair Bikes History Other Folding Bikes A-Bike News (Blog)

a-bike on frappr

Chat about your A-Bike, post details of your exploits, ask advice from other owners, etc.

Moderators: Binch Shin, newcross, Amuro Lee

a-bike on frappr

Postby adrianebrown on Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:13 am

http://www.frappr.com/sinclaira-bike

join in and map your location. i also have some articles that I've found including lots of photos pdf files etc. the US now also have an a-bike site which annoyed me slightly they have a choice of colour....

would it be possible to get rid of the adverts on the site as it is very hard to see what is a-bike over bike adverts, i'm willing to donate towards the site.

i was also one of the first to get the a-bike and also use it to travel into work on a daily basis only when it is fine weather.

I had a small problem folding the bike the other week and identified the 2 screws and the base of the saddle beam were lose so I would suggest other owners to check the screws and bolts on a regular basis.

Ade
adrianebrown

re a-bike on frappr

Postby Garry on Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:38 pm

Hi Ade

Thanks for the info. On my visit to the A-Bike office I was strongly advised to check those things before each use, so I guess it's another one of Sinclair's lovely quirks that we need to live with.

I'd rather have Google's highly relevent adverts on here than request donations from readers, but I'm interested to hear the opinions of others on this. Anyone who's tried it knows that they barely cover hosting costs, but the aim of the site isn't to make money, it's to become a community and hopefully make some contribution to promoting human powered transport.

Garry
Garry
Site Admin

Postby Pyrofer on Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:59 am

Maybe you could add a donations button, and if you get enough to cover hosting etc you could consider removing the adds.
I wouldnt mind an extra button on the homepage. I have one on my site and its not a problem, but then ive only ever had 1 donation.
Pyrofer

Return to General Discussion