About the A-Bike Where to Buy Reviews Forum A-BIKE CENTRAL
Home Page
Gallery & Videos Sinclair Bikes History Other Folding Bikes A-Bike News (Blog)

looking for a-bike city

Buy, sell and trade A-Bikes and other micro folding bikes. Post your ad for free in here! Also feel free to link to Ebay auctions. Genuine bikes only.

Moderators: Binch Shin, newcross, Amuro Lee

Forum rules
No spams and no fakes! Links to Ebay auctions are allowed.

looking for a-bike city

Postby MSTELLA on Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:48 pm

Hello, i'm looking for a used a-bike city (8" wheels).
I'm not sure if it's a good solution for me (to commute to work), so i'd like to try it before buying a brand new.
I live in Italy, but some of my friends living near London can collect the bike in case somebody is selling one in good conditions.
MSTELLA

Re: looking for a-bike city

Postby Stevbike on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:08 pm

Try looking at getting some extra items like inner tubes and tires when getting the bike. Look out for frame and any problems it may have. Stress in the rear bottom tube (around the upper tube locking points) can rip open. There samples pictures posted on the site showing this on other posts. Just make sureyou are getting a good sample when buying used. As to the bike itself, it likes flat ground. Hilly areas are not really suited to the design. Make sure the design will suit your needs before you buy. As to low gear ratios, try riding a mountain/ hybrd/ road bike in the gear setting that is around the 42 inch gear range and ride it without changing it. See how it feels because that is about the feel the A-Bike will have.
Stevbike

Return to For Sale/Trade