About the A-Bike Where to Buy Reviews Forum A-BIKE CENTRAL
Home Page
Gallery & Videos Sinclair Bikes History Other Folding Bikes A-Bike News (Blog)

Some news about A-bike mark II

Chat about your A-Bike, post details of your exploits, ask advice from other owners, etc.

Moderators: Binch Shin, newcross, Amuro Lee

Re: Some news about A-bike mark II

Postby Francesco on Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:12 pm

Keith at A-bike Support just emailed me that they are now looking at a mid-September launch for the Plus.

:(
Francesco
Francesco

Postby JazJon on Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:46 am

wow I'm glad I didnt wait. I'm enjoying the mark 1 for now. I would like to see (or feel rather) a nicer seat and better steering though for sure. I'll upgrade in September.
JazJon

Postby Francesco on Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:03 pm

In a follow-up, Keith couldn't give me any details about the improvements or new features of the Plus, but he did say they are in discussions with several US companies to be a potential distributor. Also, he said delivery of a plus from the UK website would be £30, which isn't that unreasonable.
Francesco
Francesco

Postby Nigel Kellett on Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:37 pm

Hi Francesco,

Please look at my post on Page 3 of this topic, dated 16th June, after I visited Mayhem's office on 10th, reporting my chat with David (Keith's boss) about the plus. I think that I covered everything that he & I discussed.

Best Regards

Nigel
Nigel Kellett

Postby Francesco on Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:13 pm

...All except for nailing down the date! ;)

Yes, I know the last "official" Mayhem price was £199 and shipping to America was £30, so to see the price remain, well, consistent (with the pump now included) is good. My only regret is that I plan to head to London in late August and it appears the Plus won't be ready or available for purchase at that time. But if I make it out to Wales Farm Road I can at least ride one. LOL

Francesco
Francesco
Francesco

Re:

Postby Hans on Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:38 pm

I got mail from a-bikeshop.nl that the first ones are ready and are being shipped by airplane to the netherlands, to be send out early august. Looking forward to it!
Hans

Postby Amuro Lee on Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:52 pm

Latest news from Hong Kong:

truenobzr wrote:just receive an email, from dealer, good news:

Dear William,

For your information, we are pleased to inform you that A-Bike Plus will soon become available (hopefully by mid-August 2008):

Re-Introducing the most trendy and hottest Gadget/Gift in Town – A-Bike Plus.

A-Bike is the most recent invention by the UK renowned inventor, Sir Clive Sinclair. It weighs only 5.5kgs and could be fold or unfold in less than 10 seconds. Its ergonomics design, compact size & super light weight make it the perfect product for short distance transportations. It has sturdy alloy framework with ingenious twin chain mechanism to give the same ride quality and efficiency as a normal bike. It could be folded into a dimension of only 66x30x15cm, easily and conveniently stored & carried with the carrier bag provided. It fits well in the trunk of any vehicles including the compact Smart car or MINI. It could be carried on board of buses, trains, ferries & even airplanes. A-Bike Plus has stronger frame, improved gear and driving mechanisms and more comfortable seat without sacrificing its portability.

Despite improvement, the introductory price will stay the same as the old version. If you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours truly,
Lewis
for and on behalf of http://www.abike-shop.com
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amuro_Ray

Folding Forum - The Community Site for all Folding and Micro Bicycles
http://www.foldingforum.com/forum
Amuro Lee

Postby Francesco on Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:25 pm

It seems nobody has official distribution rights for North America, so it will be possible to order from any one of the current sellers. If indeed the price of abike-shop.com (HK) hasn't gone up, it is by far the best deal. The shock pump is available from www.amazon.com for a mere $15 US with free shipping.
Francesco
Francesco

Previous

Return to General Discussion