About the A-Bike Where to Buy Reviews Forum A-BIKE CENTRAL
Home Page
Gallery & Videos Sinclair Bikes History Other Folding Bikes A-Bike News (Blog)

Original is not always better than Imitation

Chat about your A-Bike, post details of your exploits, ask advice from other owners, etc.

Moderators: Binch Shin, newcross, Amuro Lee

Original is not always better than Imitation

Postby thechronicles on Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:31 am

Hi guys.

after I read many topic of this forum which tell that original is better than imitation, at the end, I bought the new original A-bike from one distributor in Germany. yay.... :D
After that, it just like my story below. :(

The A-bike was bought from one distributor in Germany. Below is the detail of that distributor

Futurumshop GmbH
Gocher Landstraße 2
47551 Bedburg-Hau / Kleve
Telefon: +49 (0)2821-7134118
Telefax: +49 (0)2821-7134117
E-Mail: support@futurumshop.de

12/12/2008 I bought an A-bike from futurumshop

17/12/2008 I got the A-bike.
I found a small assembling problem. The Main Locking Buttons of the rear side was not in the right place. It didn’t lock the upper tube at all.

18/12/2008 I tried the new A-bike.
After the Main Locking buttons has repaired. I was cycling around the city for about 3 hours and the gear started make some noise each time I pedaled the A-bike. At the end, the rear wheel didn’t spin anymore, when I was pedaling the A-bike.

19/12/2008 I went directly to the futurumshop to complain about The A-bike. I got the new one. Before I went home, I checked the new A-bike first. I found that a small plastic part inside Crank Case which is to protect the chain and the Rear Upper Tube when the A-bike is folded was not assembled in a right place. This plastic part was too long and touches the rear wheel. Because there was only one A-bike left in futurumshop I should wait for the next shipment from UK.

5/1/2009 I got the second new A-bike
I found a small assembling problem again. One screw of the front wheel fell when I was unfolding the bike. I repaired it again before I used it. I went around the city for about 3 hours and the gear started make some noise again like the first A-bike.

so my conclusion is, Original is not always better than Imitation.
thechronicles

Re: Original is not always better than Imitation

Postby Amuro Lee on Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:39 am

So, have you ever tried to compare the genuine one with those imitations? Perhaps the imitations are even worse. :?

I'm not sure about the quality of the newest A-bike Plus because mine is the 1st generation A-bike. However, I can tell you that my A-bike is better than most of the imitations. :wink:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amuro_Ray

Folding Forum - The Community Site for all Folding and Micro Bicycles
http://www.foldingforum.com/forum
Amuro Lee

Re: Original is not always better than Imitation

Postby thechronicles on Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:07 pm

So, have you ever tried to compare the genuine one with those imitations? Perhaps the imitations are even worse. :?

Well, I've never tried the imitations one. I hope, what you said it's true.
I really want to have an A-bike. But not the A-bike which will broke down after I use for 3 hours.

I'm very disappointed with the original A-bike.
Can you imagine ? Three times in a row with a broken Original A-bike plus within 3 Hours!!! :cry:

I hope, it will not happen to you guys... :(
thechronicles

Return to General Discussion