About the A-Bike Where to Buy Reviews Forum A-BIKE CENTRAL
Home Page
Gallery & Videos Sinclair Bikes History Other Folding Bikes A-Bike News (Blog)

how do you face the bumps?

Chat about your A-Bike, post details of your exploits, ask advice from other owners, etc.

Moderators: Binch Shin, newcross, Amuro Lee

how do you face the bumps?

Postby thatsme on Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:28 pm

probably i have'nt asked in the right way.
I finally got it, went to mayhem, nice people, but i misguided my self, when you look at their website, where they say, come to see us, test it and take it home, i thought, you actually take the one you have tested it, not a big deal, all is fine, when i opened the box, just a minor thing, the brake, i had to fiddle them a bit, just the rear one, that is why it is better to test yours, so that if there is a problem you can sort it out there and then.
anyway, in the beggining, was quite tough to get used to, especially the balance, being so small, also have to be very careful to everything, can't even leave one hand, so easy to fall, i feel a bit worry to use the brake that often, it is like when you finally get on a straight line, you just don't want anyone to be on your way, otherwise you just panic a bit, can't turn that suddenly.
but when you are face to those bumps, what do you do?
do you kind of jump out, or just use the brake to slow down, or just stop and walk over it?
i kind of get used to balance it, so i kind of lift it, but at the same time put my wait as forward as i can, kind of bmx performing thingy.
i am happy with it, just a minor thing, once in a while the brake just touch the inside, that makes a bit of noise, what shall i do?
probably not really good in explaining those sort of things.
i just hope that some of you do get what i have conveyed on here.

cheers.

p.s
so what happened to the famous gathering?
we don't really know our self
thatsme

Re: how do you face the bumps?

Postby kenwshmt2 on Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:01 pm

can't even leave one hand

You will gain this as a skill after use. Move your had to near middle of the bar. It wont feel comfortable, and you will probably wobble.

can't turn that suddenly.

Really? I find it exceptionally maneuverable, and can turn the bike around in less than 2 bike lengths, 6 feet.

but when you are face to those bumps, what do you do?

Break, Hard and quickly.
If you are heading to your doom, abandon the bike.

do you kind of jump out, or just use the brake to slow down, or just stop and walk over it?

Try them all, Dont be embarrassed carrying the bike through problems. Often the bike is 'cleaner' to carry instead of roll in a bad spot.

Lift the front over small road problems, like cracks in pavement. You will get used to it.
I kind of get used to balance it, so i kind of lift it, but at the same time put my wait as forward as i can, kind of bmx performing thingy.

i am happy with it, just a minor thing, once in a while the brake just touch the inside, that makes a bit of noise, what shall i do?
probably not really good in explaining those sort of things.
i just hope that some of you do get what i have conveyed on here.

Adjust the screw wheel at the handle, if that wont work enough, fold the bike slightly and adjust it at the break attachment.

You are going to be asked if you are on a clown bike, at least I have.

so.. either get used to the ridicule, or wear a serious face. :wink:
kenwshmt2

Postby Guest on Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:16 pm

cheers mate.
i have no problems with people looking at me like i was an alien, on the other hand, i just tell them all about the alline bike, oops i meant the a bike.
anyway, i am getting use to riding it, so really not many problems.
cheers

Postby thatsme on Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:17 pm

Anonymous wrote:cheers mate.
i have no problems with people looking at me like i was an alien, on the other hand, i just tell them all about the alline bike, oops i meant the a bike.
anyway, i am getting use to riding it, so really not many problems.
cheers

that was me
we don't really know our self
thatsme

Return to General Discussion