About the A-Bike Where to Buy Reviews Forum A-BIKE CENTRAL
Home Page
Gallery & Videos Sinclair Bikes History Other Folding Bikes A-Bike News (Blog)

A-bike Tip Photo Album

Chat about your A-Bike, post details of your exploits, ask advice from other owners, etc.

Moderators: Binch Shin, newcross, Amuro Lee

A-bike Tip Photo Album

Postby newcross on Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:31 am

This online photo Album introduced here contains various kind of Tips and Mods. for A-bike, so I made this post as a new topic. :wink:

Gel saddle cover mod., Bar end mirror mod., Third party tyre&tube mod.etc. a lot of things to look at. (He even came up with the button head screw mod, same as me! but he managed to unscrew all 4 of them though.)

The website is in Japanese only, but it's just an online photo album, so once I teach you how it works, you shouldn't have a problem. More so, it only has three buttons!!:lol:

On the first page, just click a green button (or an A-bike image) to enter photo album.

Then the second page, you have some thumbnail images on the left half of the page, and on the right half, you'll see two green buttons. The left button is to start a slideshow with bigger images, and the right button is to DOWNLOAD the pic in its original size!

Some pics have description in Japanese. If you need a particular description transrated, tell me, I'll do it and post here. :wink:

Ah, a note from thee webmaster; Please consider that installing unofficial parts to your A-bike could cause some risk.

http://www.photohighway.co.jp/tp/100_f. ... =&Type=100

I want to install a mirror to my A-bike like this guy did, but too bad my A-bike's bar end is occupied by the inverse lever!! I have to think some other way. :)
newcross

Postby newcross on Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:24 am

I forgot to state that the A-bike in the album is Genuine Sinclair A-bike for Japanese market distributed by DAISAKU-shoji.

Interestingly, they equip red-ish colour brake band which previously only used by fake A-bikes. So, now genuin A-bike have both green and red brake band, this make detecting fake one only by online auction image more difficult. :?

The webmaster of the photo album added some reflective stickers to his A-bike, and the one on the crank arm is one of them. Again, this style was used in a kind of fakes. Confusing, but the added reflective stickers is good idea to gain safty for sure.
newcross

Re: A-bike Tip Photo Album

Postby cj on Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:30 pm

newcross wrote:This online photo Album introduced here contains various kind of Tips and Mods. for A-bike, so I made this post as a new topic. :wink:

On the first page, just click a green button (or an A-bike image) to enter photo album.

Some pics have description in Japanese. If you need a particular description transrated, tell me, I'll do it and post here. :wink:

Ah, a note from thee webmaster; Please consider that installing unofficial parts to your A-bike could cause some risk.

I want to install a mirror to my A-bike like this guy did, but too bad my A-bike's bar end is occupied by the inverse lever!! I have to think some other way. :)

Thanks for the url, newcross, & the tips for the buttons.

I made a mirror like this:

mtbrDOTcom/reviews/Extras/product_86204.shtml

It's very useful, & since it's worn by the rider, works for any bike ;-)
cj

Return to General Discussion