About the A-Bike Where to Buy Reviews Forum A-BIKE CENTRAL
Home Page
Gallery & Videos Sinclair Bikes History Other Folding Bikes A-Bike News (Blog)

How my imitation got a break within one hour after delivery

Chat about your A-Bike, post details of your exploits, ask advice from other owners, etc.

Moderators: Binch Shin, newcross, Amuro Lee

How my imitation got a break within one hour after delivery

Postby zx_spectrum_ on Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:22 pm

I have bought an imitation a-bike. Why not real? Too expensive. It would cost me total ~570$ with delivery and customs+VAT fees.

What happened. The nipple from the tube moved a bit from whell protected area and caught the rear crank case. So nipple was cut from the tube.

In general imitation made with rather good quality. Only saddle material is so soft that scratched by pedals when folded. Chain, sprocket and bearings look strong.

The only thing that make me worry (even for the real a-bike) its how the Rear Lower Tube attached to the Crank Case. It seems not to be very reliable.

P.S. 2 Admins, how to activate my username? (without the last underscore)
zx_spectrum_

Postby jkevinwolfe on Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:48 pm

zx,

The back tube has four large holes at the base. Plastic discs that are part of the back housing snap into these. All that is holding the this in place are the bolts of the around the rear housing and the bolt that runs though the pedals. Seems flimsy, but in reality it's very sturdy.

Kevin
jkevinwolfe

Postby Guest on Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:19 pm

Here in Binch Shin's post on pictures 2 and 3 is shown that happened with me. The cap caught the case and pulled the nippled.

I saw how it looks when disassembled the crank case. Also its seen here.

Return to General Discussion