About the A-Bike Where to Buy Reviews Forum A-BIKE CENTRAL
Home Page
Gallery & Videos Sinclair Bikes History Other Folding Bikes A-Bike News (Blog)

The Upper Steering Joint Pivot Fixture of my A-bike broke

Chat about your A-Bike, post details of your exploits, ask advice from other owners, etc.

Moderators: Binch Shin, newcross, Amuro Lee

The Upper Steering Joint Pivot Fixture of my A-bike broke

Postby cresshead on Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:42 pm

at the end of november after using the A-bike for just 6 weeks the chain snapped and was lost on the dark streets of nottingham...i had the abike sent in for repair...it took around 4 weeks to repair and i got it back once i returned to work on jan 2nd....i rode for 10ft and the Upper Steering Joint Pivot Fixture snapped...great!....looks like i have a 'friday bike'
quite annoyed... i'm NOT overweight btw and so think that the A-bike i have is either a poor production model or the A-bike just can't cut it for real world use as a commuter trasnportation...really..6 weeks and major part breaks then 10ft and something else snaps...just not good enough really.

so i'm back to walking again...2 miles each way on the flat following the canal
in notts.

i'll phone mayhem up on monday and ask for either a full refund or a 100% brand new bike..not happy at all....as you can tell!

also when they shipped the bike back they lost eone of the rubber/plastic things that goes inside the back telescopic tubes to guide/seal the metal tube inside...and the plastic collar rides up as you try to fold the bike up...i had previously has to tape this on as the bike never did fold up proplery from band new,...like i say this not good enough.
steve gilbert
cresshead

Postby Weakling on Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:30 pm

Tell us how it goes. I guess they want happy customers. I hope that they want us all to know they care about us.
Weakling

Postby cresshead on Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:21 pm

called them up and have had the bike picked up for a replacement bike seeing as i've only used it for 6 weeks. they were VERY good about the situation and show that they have a great customer care attitude, seems this bike slipped through the quality control process in production..let's hope the new one that's being delivered is much better.

steve g
steve gilbert
cresshead

Return to General Discussion