About the A-Bike Where to Buy Reviews Forum A-BIKE CENTRAL
Home Page
Gallery & Videos Sinclair Bikes History Other Folding Bikes A-Bike News (Blog)

The importance of tyre pressure

Chat about your A-Bike, post details of your exploits, ask advice from other owners, etc.

Moderators: Binch Shin, newcross, Amuro Lee

Postby amjz on Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:16 pm

Izzard wrote:Looks perfect!

Today I found out why I was having such a hard time with the tyres: the Cyclaire pump I've been using has developed a fault where it leaks air, so it cannot go above about 20 PSI, no matter how much I pump. Naturally I assumed I wasn't attaching it to the tyre properly, which is why I was fighting enough to tear the tubes at the valve :(

Oh well, "we live and learn", as they say!

Do you recommends Cyclaire pump to use with A-Bike? I just ordered a Cyclaire pump for my A-Bike :(
amjz

Postby Izzard on Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:17 am

Yes it should be fine. I e-mailed support at Cyclaire.com and they say that it sounds like a very rare fault they had in a few early production models and they'll repair or replace the pump for me.
Izzard

Pressure

Postby ksd on Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:03 pm

I was a bit unsure as to whether to buy the 30 pound A-bike pump first, so i opted for an electrical one i got from ebay for about 4 pound. £30 pound is a bit steep, may have gone down now, not sure. But i did notice a considerable difference when i pumped them up to 90. also i had noticed the tyres becoming a bit deflated when people would have a go on my A-bike. Keep pumping.
ksd

Previous

Return to General Discussion