About the A-Bike Where to Buy Reviews Forum A-BIKE CENTRAL
Home Page
Gallery & Videos Sinclair Bikes History Other Folding Bikes A-Bike News (Blog)

Don'y buy from yourgym.eu!

Chat about your A-Bike, post details of your exploits, ask advice from other owners, etc.

Moderators: Binch Shin, newcross, Amuro Lee

Don'y buy from yourgym.eu!

Postby boywoolner on Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:15 pm

If you Google 'A-bike', this online shop comes top of the list.
www.yourgym.eu sells knock-off A-bikes called Mini-Bikes, probably from China for £99 and the shop is somewhat amateurish to say the least.
I regretted buying the bike as soon as I'd paid for it (by Paypal) as I didn't receive an email of confirmation from the shop.
After a few emails to them, I received a reply saying the bike had shipped.
Even though the bike looked pretty good, I could tell it was a copy as some of the moulding was a bit rough. It hadn't been assembled properly (the brake cables where on wrong and the chain tensioner was out of position).
The shop had a 7-day money back guarantee so I emailed them and asked for a refund. Which they agreed to send a courier around to my work address to pick it up on a given date. He didn't turn up, but did turn up at my home the following week.
We agreed that I would send it back, as they were going to deduct the postage cost from my refund anyway.
I sent it back through ParcelForce just before Christmas but hadn't received a refund by the 15th Jan, even though it was signed for. To make it worse, I hadn't had any replies to my emails either and there was no phone number on the site or directory enquiries.
I finally got my money back after a lot of detective work and phone calls to a motorcycle racer they sponsor.
May this be a warning to you all. Only buy the original A-Bike from official retailers. Don't think that anything called a 'Mini-Bike' is the same thing.
I though I would be saving myself £50, but after that I've been put off from buying the real thing.
boywoolner

Postby Weakling on Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:07 pm

Thanks for telling us your story.

Like you me have felt for trying out such bikes too. I guess I would
have if I had not found this forum and me now feel for supporting the
originators. They have put much effort into the A-bike and should have
credit and money for the work.

But unfortunately for me they have target a section that is much more light than me. I need a bike that is more sturdy.

Maybe a Strida is my bike or a stronger version of Carryme would do.

I maybe end up owning a Carryall cause it has three wheel so it would stomach my 210 punds weight.

Happy you did get money back.

Fred Weakling.
Weakling

Postby Garry on Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:44 pm

Thanks for the warning. I notice that they call it "Mini Bike", which perhaps they think makes it legal. Even if that was true it's probably still in breach of safety regulations. And are you happy paying £99 for something that cost them about £5 to buy in China?
Garry
Site Admin

yourgym.eu

Postby Weiliang on Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:22 pm

I bought the mini bike from their website too. The bike was poorly built and is outright dangerous to ride. I actually carried the item back to the return address given on their website. It turned out to be a fireworks shop, nothing to be with yourgym.eu.

Never buy the bike from yourgym.eu. It's a dodgy business. So is the bike.
Weiliang

Re: Don'y buy from yourgym.eu!

Postby scotie on Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:28 pm

have you still got an adress for them i have a power plate that broke down of theres
scotie

Return to General Discussion